Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 19, 2009

A Father's Prayer

O God, help me to be true to the great privilege and great responsibilitty which You have given me. Help me to be an example and a friend to my children, and a real partner to my wife.

Don't let me get so busy with work and with outside things that I am almost a stranger in my own home, and that I take no interest in household things. Don't let me take for granted all that is done for me, and help me to keep love alive within the home.

Keep me from habits which make the work of the house harder, and from ways which irritate and annoy, or which get on the nerves of those who live with me.

Give me health and strength and work to do, to earn a living for those who depend on me and whom I love so much; but help me to remember that love is always more important than money.

O God, You have given me the name of father; You have given me Your own name; help me to be true to it.

This I ask for Your love's sake. Amen.

(My Travel Companion)

No comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP